Event invitations offer so many options nowadays. From traditional paper invitations, to digital, it is hard to know which will best suit you. Though the format may have changed, invitations are still important. It is a way to contact your guests and make them feel the importance of their presence in the celebration.
Today, invitations don’t need to be sent formally by mail. It can easily be delivered through social media and email. By that way, it will be easier to receive responses. But your choice of invitation should suit the event and reflect the formality of it.
An invitation, particularly for a social occasion, will often include this key information:
- Attendee invited
- Name of hosts – personal as well as company or organisation overseeing the event
- The event type – fundraiser, ball etc
- Day, date and time of the event
- Name of the location and the address. The zip code is not usually necessary in the US but postcodes are recommended in the UK.
- Dress code
- RSVP or response guidelines
- Additional information: e.g. parking arrangements, children allowed, plus one, special requests/dietary, dining options, end times